1. Topic ransomeware
2. Conduct research on the identified problem and propose the best solution in your opinion based on in-depth research using the course readings and additional sources such as conference and journal papers (e.g. IEEE or ACM Digital Library database) accessible, up-to-date industry and government reports, and other academic and non-commercial publications.
3. Write a research paper that has the following sections and components:
1) A title and an Abstract paragraph of 150-200 words to summarize the content of your paper.
2) 5-7 Keywords used in your paper.
3) An Introduction section (about 1 page) to briefly describe your research issue, questions, and your
proposed solution and method, and explain the importance or value of your issue and solution.
4) A Literature Review section (1.5-2 page) that summarizes major existing and published solutions (3
or 4 solutions) to your identified research issue/questions and discusses the strengths and limitations
of each existing solution one by one.
5) A Proposed Solution section (2 pages): Describe your proposal in detail (including test methods,
tools, data, and resources involved), justify its soundness by citing research and theory support,
addressing limitations of existing solutions, using first-hand (preferred) or second-hand data, demos,
graphical figures, tables, or screen captures.
6) A Conclusion section (1 or 2 paragraphs) to recap your paper and state areas for future study.
7) A References section listing all the sources cited in your paper using examples in the sample IEEE
paper format template and provided and the guide on editing and citing references on pages 34-48 in
the IEEE editorial style manual provided.
4. Length & Format: 5 to 6 pages; single space & 2-column, font size 12; see the sample IEEE paper format template and the IEEE editorial style manual provided. APA format is also acceptable.
5. Research Sources: At least (10) reputable sources should be properly listed and cited in your paper. You are welcome to create or cite appropriate graphics.
6. Submission: (Word document)
8. Plagiarism: All submissions are checked for plagiarism using SafeAssign. The similarity index should be less than 15%. Minimize direct quotes and give proper documentation to all sources used to avoid high similarity scores. You may not submit a prior paper from another course or school to fulfill this term paper assignment. Please review the syllabus section on penalties for plagiarism.