2 parts in Word Document attached…
Review Week 4 concepts by completing a 260- to 350-word summary of the following:
- Research symbolism in cinema
- Compile a brief list of examples of symbolism in the cinema. (You should have at least four films.)
- Respond to the following:
- Were any of the examples surprising?
- Did they add to your enjoyment of the film, if it was a film you have previously viewed?
Submit a summary of your research and responses as a Word document using the Assignment Files tab.
- You are welcome to go over the word count if you wish.
- Proper APA formatting is required on all formal assignments (See the template in the Class Messages for additional help)
When is a shark just a shark? Consider the movie Jaws. What could the shark symbolize in our culture, society, or collective human mythology other than a man-eating fish? Why? Support your answer.
Next, think about a theatrical staging of Jaws. Describe the artistic choices you would make to bring Jaws, the movie, to Broadway. What genre would you choose? Describe at least three other elements of production and how you would approach them in your staging of Jaws as a stage play or musical.
Submit your assignment as a Word document using the Assignment Files tab:
- A 350- to 700-word paper (You are welcome to go over the word count if you wish.)
- Apply appropriate APA formatting.