Contains unread posts
Throughout this course, you will have many opportunities to respond to other people’s opinions and comments. After you have completed the Reading for the week, respond to the questions below. Discussion responses should be on topic, original writing, contribute to the quality of the Discussion by making frequent informed references to course materials and the course textbook (include proper APA in-text citations), and be a minimum of 200 words in length. Please refer to your Discussion Rubric for grading details.
Communicating in a Diverse Environment
At its core, diversity simply means differences, and we can experience differences with those from another culture, as well as with those who may share our culture. Differences should not be seen as a barrier, but an opportunity.
For this Discussion, please respond to the following:
- Consider a time in which you engaged with someone who was different from you.
- Describe the engagement and identify at least two ways in which you were different from one another.
- Think about your attitude toward different cultural backgrounds.
- What is your tolerance for diversity?
- How might the context (such as being at work or at home) influence your tolerance for diversity?