(25 points) 3-4 pages, not including cover or References pages
Locate an article describing a collective bargaining situation that has arisen within the year. This article should be from a newspaper, an academic journal, or a credible online news source (try searching “collective bargaining in the news”). Attach the article or give the link. Use a minimum of two additional references from the course materials to support your discussion and to respond to the questions in the assignment. Use each question in para 2 below as a separate heading in your paper, double-space, and Times New Roman font, cover page, page numbers, and APA format.
1. Identify your main article:
- Using APA guidelines state the proper citation for the article.
2. Respond to these questions:
- What is the nature of the collective bargaining dispute?
- What are the underlying causes of the dispute?
- What economic or ethical pressures has each side attempted to use to prevail in the dispute?
- If there is any evidence of any illegal or unethical conduct on either side, describe it in detail.
- Was the dispute resolved? If so, how? If not, what are the possible resolutions?
- What, if any, role was played by third parties in resolving this bargaining dispute? What was the identity of the third party?
- In retrospect, could this dispute have been resolved in a more constructive fashion? If so, how?