Tips for Success
- Before writing the paper, review the grading rubric for the assignment so you understand how the assignment will be graded
- In writing this paper, third person writing is required. What this means is that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing).If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person
- In writing this assignment, students are asked to support the reasoning using in-text citations and a reference list.A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa.View the sample APA paper in attached in this folder. You must cite at least three references using APA format like the example below.
- In writing this assignment, students are expected to paraphrase and not use direct quotes. Learn to paraphrase by reviewing this https://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/PDF/Acknowledging_Sources.pdf
- Using the grading rubric as a comparison, read through the paper to ensure all required elements are presented.
- Proofread the paper for spelling and grammatical issues, and third person writing.
- Use the spell and grammar check in Word as a first measure;