IPE is concerned with the way in which politics and economics influence each other in the global arena. That is, we’re interested in the ways politics constrains (or motivates) economic choices as well as how economic variables affect political choices.
For our course’s research project, you will investigate the relationship between globalization and economic conflict. Some questions you may wish to consider (not exclusive!):
* does trade/FDI make conflict more or less likely?
* how does conflict affect international trade?
* how does globalization affect the status of global terrorism? Specifically, for this Research Question assignment you need to:
1. Choose a specific case study (a particular country or bilateral relationship between two countries) and articulate a specific statement identifying the causal relationship between globalization and conflict.
2. In a one-to-two paragraph synopsis, provide a brief exposition of why you believe your argument has merit. Of course, you are free to change your mind after conducting further research!
3. Include statistics to support your argument.
GRADING RUBRIC (for a full description see the pdf in Lessons):
SYNTHESIS and THESIS
FOUNDATION and Evidence
ORGANIZATION AND FORMAT
All assignments should be written in Word and uploaded as attachments within the Assignments section of the classroom. Use 12 pt. font and double-space. Be sure to put your name and class information on the document and put your name on the file. Insert page numbers. Assignments will be graded using a rubric appropriate for your class level.