Ethics in Public Health Case Study
[WLO: 3] [CLO: 6]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapter 5 in your textbook, the Principles of the Ethical Practice of Public Health (Links to an external site.) article, and the appropriate pages from Ethics and Public Health: Model Curriculum according to the module you choose below.
For your assignment,
- Select one of the modules presented in the instructions below.
- Provide accurate and appropriate responses to the five worksheet questions associated with the module’s case study.
- Explain your answers using critical thinking and research.
Step 1: Select one of the following case studies located in Ethics and Public health: Model Curriculum for your paper and use the associated worksheet to complete the assignment.
Choose one of the following:
- Module 4: Community-Based Practice and Research: Collaboration and Sharing Power
- Read the introductory information: pages 103 to 118 (15 pages)
- Read Case Study 1: Providing Culturally Appropriate Services in a Changing Community: pages 119 through 122 (4 pages)
- Use the worksheet: Module 4: Case Study 1: Providing Culturally Appropriate Services in a Changing Community
- Module 7: Ethical Issues in Environmental and Occupational Health.
- Read the introductory information: pages 159 through 169 (10 pages)
- Read Case Study 1: Environmental Injustice in Homer, Louisiana: pages 170 through 173 (4 pages)
- Use worksheet: Module 7: Case Study 1: Environmental Injustice in Homer, Louisiana
- Module 9: Public Health and Health System Reform: Access, Priority Setting, and Allocation of Resources
- Read the introductory information: pages 241 through 252 (12 pages)
- Read Case Study 3: Making Cuts in a Health Department Budget, including the fact sheet on page 256 and pages 263 through 267 (6 pages)
- Use the worksheet: Module 9: Case Study 3: Making Cuts in a Health Budget Department Budget
Step 2: Download the worksheet for your selected module and address the questions in the worksheet using complete sentences.
Please know that although this is not a formal written paper, you still need to use APA formatting.
Your completed worksheet
- Must use double-spacing with 1-inch margins
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must use at least two additional scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible sources in addition to the course text and case study itself to support your answers to the case study questions. The Ashford University Library is a great place to find resources. Watch the Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial for research tips.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.