PM Innovations – Article Review
Perform a critical review of the article by providing a brief summary and assessment of the article.
To write a critical review, you need to:
- Include APA 6th ed. style article reference.
- Note author’s scholarly credentials.
- Summarize the article briefly (a one paragraph introduction). What are the main arguments? What is the point of this book or article? What topics are covered? If someone asked what this article/book is about, what would you say? The length of your annotations will determine how detailed your summary is.
- Critique the article (one or two paragraphs). To complete the critical analysis you need to a) state the thesis (main point), b) comment on the article’s good points, c) comment on the article’s bad points (reliability or bias), and d) do you concur with the researcher’s conclusion? Why or Why not?
- Reflection (one paragraph): Once you’ve summarized and assessed a source, your reflections will serve as a conclusion. You need to ask: Is it relevant to your work? How will it influence your role as a project manager? How is information technology used?
Submit a one-to two-page paper, not including the title page and reference page. Adherence to APA format is required. Include at least one reference beyond the selected article to support your thinking.