WEEK SEVEN: Applied Ethics: Environmental Stewardship
Chapter 10: Environmental Stewardship. Review Case 10.1, 10.3, 10.5
Assignment – Be prepared to answer these questions:
- What obligation does Business have to the protect environment?
- If the role of business is not to “make the laws” – this is the role of Government, then why is business at fault when they strictly adhere to the law? Why are they expected to go beyond what the law prescribes?
- What is the difference between Hoffman’s Biocentrism and Derr’s Homocentrism?
- Does Gen 1: 28 mean?
- Does Gen 1:2
- Nature’s purpose is to serve man
- We are to save & serve nature
- Name the major issues with which to grapple concerning ethics and environment.
- To what is the manufacturing process changing, from its current focus on limiting the “end of pipe” liabilities?
- How successful was Frito-Lay in developing biodegradable packaging?
- How quick are Americans to respond to environmental change?
- Who should decide how clean (air & water) an environment should be?
- How do we best get business to focus on environmental issues?