Employee Behavior and Job Satisfaction
Good employee engagement is key to an efficient and effective organization. Understanding job attitudes and job satisfaction is imperative to creating an organization that is productive.
The following Course Outcome is assessed in this Assignment:
MT302-1: Describe the impact of individual behavior on business outcomes.
Read the fictional scenario and respond to the checklist items in a 2–3 page paper with an additional title and references page.
Scenario (fictional): The following four employees have different attitudes towards their jobs and different levels of job satisfaction which impacts their behavior on the job at this beverage company. You are the HR Director who is becoming concerned regarding the behavior of some employees at work. Read the following background information on each of the four employees and address all the checklist items.
Employee #1: Marketing product manager: She experiences cognitive dissonance every time her boss tells her she should not worry about the lower end of the market as “those people don’t have much buying power” when the company’s values statement says that the company values the welfare of everyone everywhere. She is frequently late to work and her boss has given her a warning as result.
Employee #2: Chemist: He is in a highly visible job creating new products that creates a lot of stress and works 12-hour days. He is loyal but feels depressed by the constant work. He is starting to look at job openings online in his off-hours.
Employee #3: Loading dock manager: This representative works the 12am –7am shift. She does what is required but complains in the employee breakroom about the offices and work conditions when she is on break. The other employees tend to agree with her when she complains. Lately the Distribution Supervisor has noted employees’ reduced effort on the shift.
Employee #4: Quality control administrator: He is the sole Asian in the organization and feels isolated as though he is just a placeholder versus really making a recognized difference in the organization. The company promotes itself as a diverse organization, which he knows is not true. He feels as if everyone expects him to fail since not many people engage with him, including his boss, on any regular basis.
The four employees have different attitudes and levels of job satisfaction.
- Describe the attitudes and job satisfaction of each of the four employees.
- Categorize and explain the responses the employees have to dissatisfaction based on the Reading.
- Explain how the above attitudes and job satisfaction for each employee impacts the organization in terms of profit, employee turnover, and affecting other employee attitudes.
- Include at least 2 scholarly* citations with accompanying references regarding attitudes and job satisfaction and the impact on the organization that support your responses to the checklist item above.
- Explain what each of the managers of the four employees can do to change the employees’ attitudes for the better (referencing at least one of Mintzberg’s managerial roles to explain your response).
Submit your 2–3 page APA formatted and citation styled paper with additional title and reference pages