1a) A catastrophic event is an event that involves loss, critical disruption, or total system breakdown (Pope, 2016). A catastrophic event can be mechanical, technological, biological, physical, chemical, or meteorological.
Please respond to the following prompts:
- Share a personal experience involving a catastrophic event.
- Share with the class what happened before, during, and after the disaster.
- What were the pros and cons of the response efforts?
- What should have been done differently?
- If you have never been involved in a catastrophic event, please research a catastrophic event on the Internet to discuss.