Select an organization (MONSANTO) that operates internationally but which has had controversy or widely-recognized problems. For example, Wal-Mart has expanded into China only to find that Wal-Mart products were not wanted; Shell Oil continues to battle allegations of benefiting from corrupt political bodies in foreign locations; and the United Nations has been criticized for its ineffectiveness in war-torn countries.
Your Portfolio Project will be a position paper of 9-10 pages, not including the reference and title pages, that includes an examination of the following:
- The management issues.
- A description of the theories that apply to the international management of the organization and the handling of the specific issues.
- A substantiated opinion regarding the organization’s management of the issues. In other words, has the organizational management been effective in its facilitation of the organization’s position in the global landscape? Why or why not?
- Given the future of international management, include thoughts on how management can prepare to deal with or conclude the issues.
Your project should adhere to the following standards:
- Include at least four academic references (in addition to your text or other required reading materials), preferably from the CSU-Global Library.
- Review the grading rubric in the Module 8 folder.
- Be sure to follow the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.