The main point of Project Management is the concept of an “ Iron Triangle” where you can do trade-off analysis between cost, schedule, and performance. Research this concept online.
Then address the following:
- Provide a realistic example of a trade-off, where one of these three items is optimized at the detriment of the other two items.
- Explain why you selected the one item to optimize.
- Explain how you will work to mitigate adverse impact from the reduction in the other two areas of the Iron Triangle.
Research the following topics related to Project Management:
- Gantt Chart
- Project Controls
- Project Planning
Select three of the topics listed and compose three paragraphs describing the topics, one paragraph per selected topic, based on the course material and additional research you conduct online.
Human Resource Management and Project Management Paper
Professional service organizations help professionals maintain their careers via continuous learning, provide social and business networking opportunities, promote leadership and mentorship within the field of the profession, and provide standardization for the profession. Additionally, the code of ethics for a professional service organization is a major component of what defines a profession.
Human Resource Management and Project Management both have well-established professional service organizations. They are as follows:
Human Resource Management Professional Service Organization
Society for Human Resource Management: http://www.shrm.org/
Project Management Professional Service Organization
Project Management Institute: http://www.pmi.org/
Review these provided resources. Now, compare human resource management and project principles to those of operations management as follows:
– Human Resource Management principles compared to Operations Management principles
– Project Management principles compared to Operations Management principles
Also, close your paper with the following observations from your research:
– The importance of professional service organizations in standardizing a profession, to include their established code of ethics
Complete your work in an APA style paper including:
● APA Cover Page
● APA Content with Indented Paragraphs (3 Full Pages)
● APA Reference Page
● APA Formatted Citations (3 References Minimum)