Create a 15–20-page presentation on Islam, its ritual of marriage, and its global reach, along with a 2-page description of your personal opinions regarding inter-faith marriage.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Describe essential features of world religions.
- Describe basic elements of a religion to inform about its essence.
- Describe the nature and function of marriage in a religion.
- Competency 2: Compare and contrast religious traditions.
- Compare ritualistic aspects of the marriage ceremony of differing religions.
- Competency 3: Analyze the relationship between culture and religion.
- Describe aspects of a religion to accurately depict its global nature.
- Competency 4: Apply objective methodologies to the study of world religions.
- Describe personal values to communicate one’s own opinion.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.