MUST HAVE AT LEAST 2 PEER REVIEWED REFERENCES EACH
Self-Awareness and the Supervisory Relationship
The supervisor’s effective use of self-awareness is an integral component to building and maintaining a successful supervisory relationship. Think about an experience where you were either a supervisor or supervisee.
- What factors from this experience were positive for you?
- What factors from this experience were challenges for you?
- What personal attitudes did you bring to supervision?
- What impact did your personal attitudes have on the supervisory relationship?
- Learning from this experience, what strategies would you use to build and maintain a successful supervisory relationship?
Technology and Professional Relationships
For this discussion:
- Consider the policies that govern your practicum site.
- Draw on the readings in this unit and discuss how technology can be used to enhance the professional relationships among colleagues, the community, and the clients associated with your practicum site. Provide examples to support your claims.