According to its website (http://www.law.uh.edu/healthlaw/), The Health Law & Policy Institute (HLPI) at the University of Houston was established in 1978. It is widely regarded as one of the top health law programs in the country. The UH Law Center’s Health Law program is ranked #2 in the 2019 U.S. News & World Report. HLPI has been ranked consistently among the top 10 programs in the country for the last 25 years.
The HLPI is part of the University of Houston Law Center. It is guided by an advisory board consisting of leading academicians, health law practitioners, representatives of area institutions, and public officials. A primary mission of the Institute is to provide policy analysis for members of the Texas Legislature and health and human service agencies in state government.
The institute’s mission is threefold:
Source: UH Health Law Brochure at http://www.law.uh.edu/healthlaw/HealthLawBrochure.pdf
- After reviewing the three areas, pick one and respond in a paper of 750-1500 words about the significance of the chosen area.
- Apply one or more of the Unit 3 readings to your paper.
- Write a clear and cogent essay that reflects your voice (first person).
- Demonstrate your understanding by providing supporting information and examples.
- No external references are required other than the unit readings and the HLPI website.
- Sources must be listed on a References page.
Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) for APA Formatting and Style https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html
The APA Style Wizard http://www.stylewizard.com/apa6index.html