Select and analyze a scholarly article on victimology. You may use this week’s required readings to guide you in your selection of a contemporary victimology article. In a critical analysis of the article, evaluate empirical data regarding crime victims.
In your paper, you must:
- Summarize the article’s thesis and main points in one to two paragraphs.
- Evaluate the relevance of the data used to support the thesis of the article. In your evaluation, include the author(s) research methods and target population.
- Provide examples of either the presence of bias or lack of bias evidenced by the author(s).
- Critique the accuracy, acceptability, strengths, weaknesses, and overall soundness of the article. In your critique, consider whether or not the authors persuaded you with their viewpoints.
- Explain the contributions the article has brought to your understanding of victimology.
The Victimology Scholarly Article Analysis
- Must be two double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one scholarly source from the Ashford University Library in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.