Answer with a minimum of 60 words
1) What is a monopolist, and what is required in order for a monopolist to earn profits in the long run? How is government involved with the creation of barriers to entry?
2) What is the most important characteristic of monopolistic competition? How do firms behave differently from perfect competitors? What are the implications of having a large number of firms in a monopolistically competitive market?
3) Suppose that the market for autoworkers is initially in equilibrium, but then the automakers purchase capital goods that are a substitute for workers. What happens to the market for autoworkers? Explain. Now, suppose that the automakers improve working conditions at the plants. What are the effects? Explain.
4) Discuss the significant laws passed since the Great Depression that affect labor-management relations. Explain
5) Explain the three categories of balance of payments transactions.