WEEK TWO – ASSIGNMENT # 3 (A03) – ACTIVATING YOUR SOCIOLOGICAL EYES THROUGH A CRITICAL THINKING LENS
1) Over the next few days, observe society and write down a list of “Why” questions that come to mind about people’s behavior?
For example, Why do people do x, y, or z? What makes people do x, y, or z? How come people do x, y, or z?’
2) Submit at least 10 questions below.
Refer to Table: (p.3) – Thinking critically:
3) Select 3 of your 10 questions and answering the following questions:
1) What factors influenced your decision to address the 3 selected questions?
2) What assumptions were challenged in you to think about these 3 selected questions?
3) What was the context (setting) in which you generated each of these 3 selected questions?
4) What might be another way of looking at the behavior that prompted your 3 selected questions.
Your response should be typed, Times New Roman, font size- 12, double spaced, 1 – 2 pages.
Submit your response as a .doc(x) or .pdf file attachment below by Friday, February 8, 2019 by 11:59 p.m.
REQUIRED TEXT: Introduction to Sociology 2e – https://openstax.org/details/books/introduction-so… Griffiths, Heather, Nathan Keirns, Eric Strayer, Susan Cody-Rydzewsk, Gail Scaramuzzo, Tommy Sadler, Sally Vyain, Jeff Byer, and Faye Jones. 2015. Introduction to Sociology 2e. Houston, TX: OpenStax College.